Thursday, May 24, 2012

He put a ring on it!

My big sis is going to be a Mrs.!
On May 6th I held a get together at our house with my family, boy was it one for the books.

We had delicious food made by my mom and tia Onaney. Our tia Rebecca was in Miami, the family was all together, there were smiles and hugs and the love going around was immeasurable. We were celebrating so many things that day: It was my sister's birthday, my cousin Paloma's bday was the day before, one cousin graduated from college and two family members had found love.

After dinner we went outside to cut the cake but before we did my mom gave a speech. It went something like this: " It's such a blessing to have us all here together and in good health, it's my oldest daughter's birthday... :: Blah, Blah, Blah :: .. and last but certainly not least.. I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA IN DECEMBER!!!"

It was so exciting for our news to finally be public to the family and everyone was ecstatic.
... but I'll keep the story moving along because that's not what this post is about.

After the candles were blown out and the cake was served and devoured, Abel (my sister's boyfriend) turned to everyone and said ... "WELL FOLKS, THERE'S ONE MORE SURPRISE".
I would not do the moment justice if I tried to type out all of the beautiful words that were said. I'll simply say that it was perfect (regardless of how nervous he was, ha ha).

P.S - In case you're wondering... He did ask for our mom and dad's blessing in addition to being courteous enough to ask M and I if it was ok with us to share the date of our announcement. Of course we didn't mind and were elated to have been able to be part of the proposal, but it was so considerate of him to ask.

The date has been set for May 4, 2013 and I couldn't be happier for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment