Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A sweet day

Yesterday was valentine's day and we spent it as we should ... together. No frou frou 10k gifts needed.

Mark works earlier than I do so when I woke up I found he left me a sweet card and heart balloons. At work I always look forward to our annual Valentine's Day cupcake social and this year we went with a new bakery - LA Sweets and they did not disappoint!!! (I highly recommend their PiƱa Colada flavor)
I know "traditionally", folks rush to get home after work..Drive through the nightmare of traffic ..wait around an hour for their dinner reservations at that chic restaurant in town only to have their waiter rush them through their meal (which probably tasted less than average. Well Mark and I started a new tradition... and boy were we excited to laugh at "those people", lol!

We stopped by my mom's job to wish her a happy V Day then ordered pick-up from our favorite Italian restaurant, Brio. When we arrived we were shocked to see that the line to get your name on the waiting list (yes, you read that right... the line before the line) was out the door and onto the street. I'm not gonna lie-- we felt kinda cool breezing past all the couples to the front desk and walking out seconds later with our delicious orders of Gorgonzola steak and Pasta alla Vodka. We had an unforgettable candlelit dinner at home while watching Midnight in Paris.

It was perfectly us! Hope you had a lovely Valentine's
xoxo
Amida

No comments:

Post a Comment