Monday, February 6, 2012

NYC Pt. 3

Let me start off by saying that I was so excited to watch the NY Giants take home the Superbowl last night!! In my mind, my one visit to New York is enough street cred' to claim them as "my team".. sorry Dolphins, lol! 
Back to the last installment of our NYC anniversary trip..

Fourth day- on our way to the 9/11 Memorial Site
Visiting Ground Zero was an experience i'll never forget. I was initially hesitant to post these pictures because I felt it would be insensitive to survivors and family members of those lost, but I think this is story that needs to be shared and never forgotten. What happened on that tragic day opened our eyes to unimaginable hate but also brought our nation together like never before. Having listened to the stories that are shared by survivors, our nation will never stop grieving, but on that day we gathered as one to pick up the pieces.
I was extremely emotional..
Check out World Trade Center 1.. it's almost done!
After an emotional morning we headed to China Town. I scored my favorite treat.. blubble tea!!
Unfortunately I didn't score a sweet fake purse (..you know, to complete our NYC experience). It was way too obvious that it was our first time and we just felt so wrong being cornered into an alley while police patroled the streets. Mark promised me a real Louis if we left.. I was happy to comply =)
We then made our way to Little Italy for a stroll and a Cannolli
Since we had such an early start that day, we had enough time to visit Ripley's Believe it or Not.
 After the museum we headed back to the hotel to get ready for our anniversary dinner that Mark had planned.
We had a delicious dinner at The River Cafe next to the brooklin bridge and overlooking Manhattan. It was gorgeous!
We spent the final day of our trip relaxing, visiting Wall Street and Pier 17.
We even found a model on a shoot. (This picture does not do her justice but she was huge! at least 6ft. tall)  
Coming back to the city we visited Barneys, H&M (again), LV and Tiffany's
We said good-bye to NY in the best way imaginable, watching Lion King on Broadway!
Ready to go (with my Carrie-inspired fascinator)
I left my heart in NYC
XOXO
Amida

No comments:

Post a Comment