Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A bitter-sweet goodbye

This weekend was the beginning of a new chapter for Z and I. With much hesitation (and a few tears) I made the decision to end our nursing relationship. I am fortunate to have been able to nurse her for the first 3 months of her life and give her the precious nutrients that keep her healthy, strong and beautiful.
After her 2 month shots

Unfortunately, with my return to work, my supply has taken a huge plunge and I simply cant keep up with her demands. Things were beginning to get very frustrating for both Z and I. I started to wean this weekend and one particular moment that broke my heart was when baby girl was laying on me almost asleep and she turned her face into my chest looking to nurse =(.
 
Until I completely dry up, I am pumping at night to aleviate the engorgement.  I'm going to miss that special bond and how easy it was to do middle of the night/early morning feedings but this was a decision made with our peace of minds in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment